Clothing is the second largest polluting industry in the world and we feel it’s vitally important to contribute to changing it for the better. According to a study conducted by Kering*, 93% of total environmental impact falls within the supply chain, with over 50% of the impact associated with raw material production.
Not only do we strive to create premium activewear that has as little impact on the earth as possible, we're building a business that has sustainability at the heart of everything we do.
Here is a breakdown of our sustainability strategy:
- All fabrics used in our products are fully certified by organisations such as OEKO-TEX, GOTS and Global Recycled Standard.
- We use eco-friendly fabrics and materials where possible, without compromising the quality of our products.
- We ensure our products are designed and built to last. This is achieved by the use of premium-quality materials, extensive testing of products before they are made available to buy, communication of care details to extend the longevity of products and encouraging the reuse and repair of products.
- All our products come with a 365 day, repair and replace guarantee. We've partnered with The Clothes Doctor to provide a high-quality repair service, free of charge. While some may consider it to be bad business practice, we strongly urge our customers to increase the lifespan of their garments in an effort to reduce clothing consumption.
- Many of the larger brands produce more than necessary in order to drive their unit cost down. Many of these end-of-line garments go to waste. We apply our agile business model to carry out smaller production runs, ordering just enough and no more.
- All Manufacturing and sourcing is carried out within Europe, keeping our carbon footprint to a minimum. There is no use of air freight to transport bulk orders from suppliers.
- Our suppliers are committed to providing fair wages and working conditions to employees.
- All aspects of our packaging are eco-friendly - from the compostable mailers to our postage labels using water-based adhesives.
- We consistently strive to inform and educate, not only ourselves on sustainable practices, but also our customers/athletes.
- We see our sustainability strategy as something that is constantly evolving and will continue to align it with our brand ethos - AIM FOR BETTER.